I've come up with an XSL style sheet that will translate your fotobuilder export XML into GraphML for viewing & layout with yEd. That might not seem clear, so here is what mine looks like so far:
Organic layout: ... Hierarchical layout:
- Download your .xml export from http://pics.livejournal.com/manage/export
- Download this .xsl file to the same directory.
- Make sure you have Java installed, then Web Start is the easiest way to use yEd.
- In yEd go to File > Open, then Files of type: XML + XSL, then choose your export data XML file, then choose LJfb2yEd.xsl for your XSL.
- It will take a second to load your thumbnails, once it does go to Layout > Organic > Smart and see what you can see.